JOB TITLE: OhioMeansJobs (OMJ) Employment Resources Assistant
REPORTS TO: Employment Resources Coordinator
POSITION STATUS: 30-35 hrs/week, $13-$15 per hour based on experience
Working hours may vary Monday-Friday
This is not an Ottawa County position and does not provide benefits.
This position is responsible for providing direct, core job search and employment related services to “universal” customers as required by the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), in addition to any State and Local policies and procedures relating to the operations of the OhioMeansJobs Center. “Universal” customers consist of the business community seeking to fulfill workforce needs and all job/career seekers and changers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Under supervision of the Employment Resources Coordinator the Employment Resource Assistant will:
- Provide comprehensive support to the universal customer requesting services of the OMJ Center.
- Assist customers with registering at the OMJ Center.
- Conduct initial orientation and needs assessment of new customers.
- Assist in registering customers on OhioMeansJobs.com or any succeeding State supported website/system.
- Assist customers with understanding how to successfully and independently navigate the OhioMeansJobs website.
- Ability to be kind, compassionate, and helpful to all clients.
- Ability to work independently and be professional always.
- Ability to oversee and assist multiple customers at once in the OMJ Center.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Support resume development and assessment, and employment correspondence for the customer.
- Provide any other appropriate support to the customer, as deemed necessary.
- Refer customers to other Agency and Partner programs as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a respectable working relationship with customers, colleagues and partner staff.
- Participate in and/or support area employment and community events (e.g., Job Fairs) that directly provide job seeker services to the community.
- Assist with job postings.
- Assist in customer follow-up, tracking and reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in related field (social worker, human resources, business administration).
- 1 year of work experience in customer service.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service and communication skills, including public speaking and individual speaking.
- Excellent organizational and office related skills.
- Must know how to write, spell and compose professional business related correspondence.
- Strong computer and technology skills (e.g., navigate the internet confidently).
- Must understand and be competent in Microsoft Office software: Word – Excel – Power Point.
- Must understand the workforce needs of the private and public sectors.
- Must be a quick learner and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work confidently, independently, productively and professionally at all times.
- Willingness to employ continuous improvement strategies.
- Maintain regular & predictable attendance.
- Constant combination of walking, standing and sitting.
- Regular operation of a computer for a length of time.
- Occasional lifting or moving of objects: 10 – 20 lbs.
To apply, please send resume to Gaye Winterfield at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday, April 13, 2018.