CEO Internship School Form
High School Junior and Senior students have an opportunity to earn high school credit for participating in the Ottawa County Business Advisory Council's CEO Internship Program. The CEO Internship program provides students with a pathway between school and work. Students develop entry level skills in a specific occupation, practice career management, and prepare for employment all while earning high school credit. The CEO Internship has several benefits:
-students can earn 1/2 credit and a stipend of $250 for every 60 hours of internship time completed
-the internship is flexible. This presents a wide-range of possibilities for hours/schedules (i.e. – can be done afterschool, during school, weekends, etc)
-the internship gives the students an opportunity to “test the waters” of a desired occupation
School representatives must complete this form in order for their student to participate in the CEO Internship Program.
Employer & Student Information
The CEO Internship School Representative is aware that the following student will be interning at the following internship site (employer):
The Internship Site Supervisor is responsible for the following:
- Day-to-day management of interns
- Work oversight, direction and feedback
- Training, motivating and developing the student intern
- Evaluating intern performance
- Internship/work experience will vary in length and students will earn high school credit.
- Student internship work times can be flexible, however work times should be discussed and agreed upon between the student, the business and the school.
- The CEO Administrator will communicate regularly with the employer during the internship to monitor the progress of the experience.
- Program and performance evaluations will be completed at the end of the internship.
- The student will present to the BAC as a part of the internship.
Internship Site Agreement
As the CEO Internship School Representative, I am aware of the following:
- Employer will provide student with structured on-site exposure to work, the development of good work habits, and basic work skills.
- Employer will discuss with the student the expectations each of you has for the internship experience.
- Employer will present training in a practical sequence and include instruction and experience in work processes relevant to the occupation as performed by the employer.
- Employer will make certain that the student is not receiving conflicting instructions from different supervisors.
- Employer will provide and furnish, at their own expense, all instructions, materials, equipment, supplies, and services necessary for the training and experience of the student.
- Employer will provide training that covers safety and work-site regulations.
- Employer will provide student with relevant safety instructions and equipment necessary for reasonable protection against injury and harm. Accidents involving a student shall be reported to the school immediately.
- Employer will advise the student of all customary practices of the Training Provider and normal requirements of the job, including personnel practices and policies.
- Employer will ensure that students are accepted and assigned jobs in accordance with the Child Labor Laws and treated equally regardless of race, color, national origin, gender or disability.
- Employer will prohibit the assignment of students to positions involving political activities.
- The intern's timesheet will be utilized. Internship Site Supervisor will monitor & sign the timesheet and email to the CEO Administrator.
Termination of Agreement
The Internship Site Provider or School may cancel this agreement at any time through the mutual agreement by both parties. Students will be aware that termination is a possibility at the internship site.
I confirm I have completed the School Information, the Internship Site Agreement, and the Employer & Student Information sections. I confirm that I have digitally signed the CEO School Form.
Once you submit the completed form, you will receive an email confirmation along with a copy of the CEO School Form (be sure to check your junk/spam folder).
Please call (419) 898-6242 or email email@example.com with questions.